Membership Officer & Assistant Treasurer
The Membership Officer is responsible for maintaining, and updating, as required, the White Rose Canoe Club membership database. They are also responsible for ensuring that the e-mail distribution list is up to date.
The membership database is held as a Microsoft Access file, and a working knowledge of MS Access is necessary to carry out this function.
The database hold records of every White Rose Canoe Club member, and is used for a number of functions, including producing reports, as required, for external organisations, producing annual membership documents and maintaining up to date records of contact details etc for all current members.
1. Add new members - using the membership form completed by the individual, and the database entry form, to create a database entry for the new member.
2. Add new members to the mailing list
3. Send new members an induction pack
4. Produce and distribute annual renewal documents - using the inbuilt database facilities the Membership Officer will produce subscription reminder documents at the end of August each year. These will be distributed to all current members
5. Produce membership cards - using the inbuilt database facilities, produce membership cards, laminate them, and distribute them to all new members of the club, and those who renew their subscription
6. Update records as required - keep the database updated with any changes to individuals address, email, telephone number etc as may be advised
7. Produce reports - produce reports as required, using the inbuilt database facilities, including up to date member and expired member lists, statistics on age/gender etc for BCU use, labels for contacting members and any other reports as requested
Many of the above functions are carried out using established queries and reports set up on the database. However it will require some training - depending on the individuals knowledge - in or to produce new, or modify existing reports and queries.